Full page view
HISTORY

A release date of 15 Nov 1923 was initially planned, as noted in 22 Sep 1923 issues of Exhibitors Trade Review and Moving Picture World. The 14 Oct 1923 Film Daily indicated that production was underway at the Tilford Studio in New York, NY, and the 8 Dec 1923 Motion Picture News announced that cutting and titling were in progress, and a the film would be ready to premiere in two weeks. An issue date of 9 Feb 1924 was reported in the 10 May 1924 Moving Picture World.
       The 10 Feb 1924 Film Daily review cited a length of 6,450 feet, while the 15 Mar 1924 issue of Screen Opinions listed the film’s length as around 6,800 feet. Reviews in the 16 Feb 1924 Moving Picture World and 23 Feb 1924 Motion Picture News both cited a length of 6,700 feet. ...

More Less

A release date of 15 Nov 1923 was initially planned, as noted in 22 Sep 1923 issues of Exhibitors Trade Review and Moving Picture World. The 14 Oct 1923 Film Daily indicated that production was underway at the Tilford Studio in New York, NY, and the 8 Dec 1923 Motion Picture News announced that cutting and titling were in progress, and a the film would be ready to premiere in two weeks. An issue date of 9 Feb 1924 was reported in the 10 May 1924 Moving Picture World.
       The 10 Feb 1924 Film Daily review cited a length of 6,450 feet, while the 15 Mar 1924 issue of Screen Opinions listed the film’s length as around 6,800 feet. Reviews in the 16 Feb 1924 Moving Picture World and 23 Feb 1924 Motion Picture News both cited a length of 6,700 feet.

Less

GEOGRAPHIC LOCATIONS
SOURCE CITATIONS
SOURCE
DATE
PAGE
Classic
Dec 1923
p. 53
Daily News [New York, NY]
24 Feb 1924
p. 102
Exhibitors Trade Review
22 Sep 1923
p. 763
Exhibitors Trade Review
15 Dec 1923
p. 19
Film Daily
14 Oct 1923
p. 4
Film Daily
10 Feb 1924
p. 7
Film Daily
14 Feb 1924
p. 2
Motion Picture News
8 Dec 1923
p. 2658
Motion Picture News
23 Feb 1924
p. 881
Moving Picture World
22 Sep 1923
p. 357
Moving Picture World
16 Feb 1924
p. 583
Moving Picture World
10 May 1924
p. 229
Screen Opinions
15 Mar 1924
p. 5
DETAILS
Alternate Title:
Week-End Husbands
Release Date:
9 February 1924
Premiere Information:
New York opening: 25 Feb 1924
Production Date:
Oct--Nov or Dec 1924
Physical Properties:
Silent
Black and White
Length(in feet):
6,700
Length(in reels):
7
Country:
United States
Language:
English
SYNOPSIS

William Randall becomes a bootlegger to provide his wife with the luxuries she demands. As a consequence, he is free only on weekends while Barbara is influenced by a jazz set and spends most of her time at fashionable resorts. Although Barbara remains faithful to her husband, she goes canoeing with another man and nearly drowns when their canoe is hit by a yacht. Gossipers at the resort convince William that Barbara was cheating and he should leave her. She goes to Paris, France, while Federal agents arrest Randall and release him under bail. Meanwhile Barbara, left alone, sends for her husband, who, instead of replying, catches the first plane to Paris. Barbara has already taken poison, but she recovers when Randall arrives and they return to America ...

More Less

William Randall becomes a bootlegger to provide his wife with the luxuries she demands. As a consequence, he is free only on weekends while Barbara is influenced by a jazz set and spends most of her time at fashionable resorts. Although Barbara remains faithful to her husband, she goes canoeing with another man and nearly drowns when their canoe is hit by a yacht. Gossipers at the resort convince William that Barbara was cheating and he should leave her. She goes to Paris, France, while Federal agents arrest Randall and release him under bail. Meanwhile Barbara, left alone, sends for her husband, who, instead of replying, catches the first plane to Paris. Barbara has already taken poison, but she recovers when Randall arrives and they return to America together.

Less

Legend
Viewed by AFI
Partially Viewed
Offscreen Credit
Name Occurs Before Title
AFI Life Achievement Award

TOP SEARCHES

Shoes

The print viewed for this record was a restoration of filmmaker Lois Weber’s 1916 feature-length picture, Shoes, completed in 2010 by the Eye Filmmuseum, Netherlands, ... >>

The Symbol of the Unconquered

This Black independent film was shot in Fort Lee, NJ, under the working title The Wilderness Trail. A 6 Nov 1920 Moving Picture World item ... >>

The American Film Institute is grateful to Sir Paul Getty KBE and the Sir Paul Getty KBE Estate for their dedication to the art of the moving image and their support for the AFI Catalog of Feature Films and without whose support AFI would not have been able to achieve this historical landmark in this epic scholarly endeavor.